COVID-19 Update

June 11, 2020 – Camp Pride is on!

We have been given a green light from the province to run day camp! We are still working on developing exactly what this will look like based on guidelines and restrictions. We thank you for your patience and will update once we have more information to share.

Unfortunately summer evening riding classes have been cancelled for 2020.

We look forward to seeing our campers soon!

June 1, 2020 – Spring session cancelled; Camp Pride still waiting for OK

  • Our spring session lessons have been cancelled. We are looking at ways to get program classes up and running safely for our riders and volunteers.
  • We continue to wait on the go ahead from the province to be able to offer our day camp for the summer. We remain hopeful that we will still be able to run Camp Pride run this summer with extra safety measures in place.
  • We are currently still accepting camp registrations but are not processing payment until we have a clear answer on whether it will be running.
  • Once we have received a decision from the province on the ability to run summer day camp we will be in touch with those that have already registered for camp.

March 30, 2020 – Spring session postponed

Notice to all our riders, families, caregivers & volunteers –

For everyone’s continued safety and health we are postponing the start of the spring session and new volunteer training until further notice.

We are optimistic that we will be able to get back in the saddle for as many weeks as possible later this spring and will be in touch with a start date as soon as we can.

We continue to follow the lead of our local health units and government and remain hopeful that we will see you all again soon. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support.

Stay healthy!

March 23, 2020 – Volunteer training, Camp Pride & spring riding session

  • Volunteer training set for April 1 has been cancelled.
  • At this time we have not made any changes to Camp Pride 2020. Registration for camp is still open and proceeding as normal.
  • We have not made further changes to the spring riding season other than the delay of start noted below (March 16 update).

We will re-assess as needed, post changes on our website, and contact affected parties directly if we make additional changes that are recommended by our health units/government.

Thank you for your patience in this complex time.

March 16, 2020 – Notice for riders, families and volunteers

Pride Stables is monitoring the constantly evolving circumstances we find ourselves in related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

We are taking steps and making decisions about our programs based on the direction and recommendations of our public health units and governments.

At this time, we are delaying the start of our spring session 2020 from the weeks of March 23 & 30 to the beginning of April.

  • Saturday classes will begin Saturday April 4
  • All weekday daytime and evening classes will begin the week of Monday April 6 with the exception of Fridays
  • Friday classes will begin on April 17 as April 10 is the Good Friday holiday

Class lengths/times/session lengths will remain the same which means spring session will conclude in early June. We are in the process of contacting all affected riders and volunteers directly to communicate this change.

We will re-assess as needed and be in touch if further changes are appropriate or recommended.

Thank you for your understanding.

We do hope a return to “business as usual” will be possible for all of us in the near future and we wish you and yours good health.