COVID-19 Updates & Opening Status
Pride Stables has taken steps to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Read on for info and updates.
- We strongly encourage all eligible individuals (riders, volunteers, support workers, parents/individuals who bring riders, etc.) to be vaccinated to protect yourselves and others. Note: This policy could change.
- We ask that where possible, only ONE individual/parent etc. bring their rider to class.
- The indoor viewing room is currently CLOSED.
- All participants (riders/volunteers/staff) are screened for Covid-19 symptoms & risk prior to participating in programming at Pride Stables.
- Staff/volunteers wear face covering(s) (shields/masks) for all volunteering activities.
- Parents/support workers must wear a face covering while on the property, in the arena etc.
- Riders are encouraged to wear a mask if tolerated.
- Individuals will physically distance where possible.
- Handwashing upon arrival by all individuals is required.
- Only designated persons are permitted in the barn.
- Regular disinfection of high-touch surfaces & areas like washrooms is conducted.
- Tack (saddles, reins), helmets and equipment will be clean/disinfected for each rider.
- Soap and hand-sanitizer are readily available.
- Cleaning/sanitization takes place regularly during the day, between riding classes, and at the end of day.
Update: January 4, 2022 – Winter Session Proceeding
We continue to move ahead with our winter session of riding set to begin on January 18. See the Dec. 16 update below for more details.
Update: December 16, 2021 – Winter Session; Vaccination Policy; Holiday Closure
We hope to be able to run our 6-week winter session of riding as planned in January! Our hooves are crossed and we are galloping ahead! The winter session is set to begin on January 18, 2022. Winter class schedules/registration forms are now in the mail to riders on our mailing list.
As always, we are keeping abreast of the rapidly evolving Covid situation and will make changes as necessary to meet any restrictions that may be renewed or set out by our health authorities/governments.
As in the fall session, the indoor viewing room attached to the arena will be CLOSED for the winter session. We also ask that where possible, only one individual (whether a parent, caregiver, support worker etc.) bring their rider to class.
Vaccination Policy: We continue to strongly encourage all eligible individuals to be vaccinated to protect yourselves and others. Be aware this policy could change.
Holiday Closure: The office will be closed starting Wed. Dec. 22 through to Mon. Jan. 3. Emails, voicemail, and our mailboxes will be checked periodically during this time however the office will not fully re-open until Tues. Jan. 4.
Update: August 31, 2021 – Fall start date
We have firmed up the fall session dates! All classes are set to begin the week of September 27th and run for 8 weeks. The class schedule/registration form will be in the mail this week to all riders on our mailing list so keep your eyes out!
A note on vaccinations: We strongly encourage all eligible individuals to be vaccinated to protect yourselves and others. As more directives come out from our governments/health authorities our policy could change.
Update: July 29, 2021 – Plans for fall season
Yes, we are planning on running our usual fall programming for our riders in the fall! Hooves crossed we can open as planned and no new restrictions will come into play for our region.
As always, the fall class schedule will be determined toward the end of the summer (late August) and will then be mailed to our riders. (And don’t worry – If it has been a while since you were last here (like before Covid), we have not removed riders from our mailing list).
Keep your eye on your mailbox and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
Update: June 10, 2021 – All systems go for Camp Pride 2021!
We are excited to be getting ready for Camp Pride to begin with week 1 on July 5 as planned! Payments for registered campers will be processed as camp approaches. You will also receive an email as your week approaches with any additional details you need to know (screening procedure for this year, etc.).
Update: June 4, 2021 – Camp update; Summer evenings not running
Camp Pride: We have no new updates to share at this time and are proceeding with our planning to open camp as intended on July 5. We continue to wait for detailed day camp guidance and the official green light from the province/health units.
Summer evening classes: Unfortunately we will not be running evening riding classes in July and August. We hope to see all of our riders back in the fall! Have a great summer!
Update: May 10, 2021 – Spring session cancelled; No visitors please
Unfortunately our spring session of riding is cancelled this year. We miss you all and look forward to when we can see you in the saddle or volunteering again.
For the safety and well-being of our staff we are not able to permit visitors to the property at this time. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe until we can meet again!
Camp Pride: We have no new updates to share about the status of camp at this time. We are proceeding with our planning to open as intended but as with all camps in Ontario, we must wait for the provincial green light to go ahead. (In 2020 this approval did not come until early/mid June). As we wait, we’ll continue to keep our fingers and hooves crossed and hope to see you soon!
Update: April 12, 2021 – Spring session on hold
The spring session of riding remains on hold. (We have not yet given up hope on squeezing in a few short weeks of the spring session, but no promises yet).
While we miss all of our riders and volunteers we must continue to restrict visitors to the property for the safety of our staff. Thank you for your understanding. We hope you are keeping well!
Update: March 23, 2021 – Spring session remains on hold
Unfortunately our spring riding session remains on hold. We are presently unable to open under the “Red – Control” level of restrictions for our region.
We continue to be hopeful we will be able to open and run a few weeks this spring though it may be a shorter season.
Update: February 18, 2021 – No decision on spring session
We have not yet made any decisions on the state of the spring riding session. Currently we are not able to open under the “Red – Control” level of restrictions for our region.
Update: February 1, 2021 – Spring session TBD
We are waiting to make decisions on re-opening/spring session dates until we know more about closure levels/dates from the province & region.
We are hopeful we will be able to run a spring session but it may be shorter than normal and/or begin later in the spring than normal. We have not made any decisions at this time.
Update: December 21, 2020 – Winter session cancelled; No visitors please
Sadly, with the announcement that our region will be heading into lockdown, we must cancel our winter riding session. Please also note: for the safety of our staff we are not able to permit visitors to the property. Thank you for your understanding at this time. Stay safe! We cannot wait to see you all again when circumstances allow.
Update: November 30, 2020 – December training cancelled; Winter session on hold
With our region currently in the red zone, we have cancelled volunteer training sessions planned for December. The status of our winter riding session is also on hold for now. We will re-asses as needed and schedule training dates in the new year for volunteers if we are able to run our winter session.
Update: August 27, 2020 – Full steam ahead for fall
Fall schedule/registration forms are now in the mail for riders on our mailing list. You will see class times have been adjusted from past seasons to allow for enhanced cleaning/sanitizing between classes.
Update: August 12, 2020 – Preparing for fall & wrapping up Camp Pride
We are down to the last two weeks of Camp Pride and have had a safe and enjoyable time so far with campers and volunteers alike. Thank you to everyone who has joined us and made it a success!
We are currently in the process of determining what our fall programming will look like for our seasonal riders. We are seeking to run as close to normal as possible and aiming for start dates in the final two weeks of September.
We endeavor to have the fall class registration form/schedule out to the riders on our mailing list by the end of August so keep your eye on your mailbox. We look forward to seeing fall riders and volunteers soon!
Update: June 11, 2020 – Camp Pride is on!
We have been given a green light from the province to run day camp! We are still working on developing exactly what this will look like based on guidelines and restrictions. We thank you for your patience and will update once we have more information to share.
Unfortunately summer evening riding classes have been cancelled for 2020.
We look forward to seeing our campers soon!
Update: June 1, 2020 – Spring session cancelled; Camp Pride still waiting for OK
- Our spring session lessons have been cancelled. We are looking at ways to get program classes up and running safely for our riders and volunteers.
- We continue to wait on the go ahead from the province to be able to offer our day camp for the summer. We remain hopeful that we will still be able to run Camp Pride run this summer with extra safety measures in place.
- We are currently still accepting camp registrations but are not processing payment until we have a clear answer on whether it will be running.
- Once we have received a decision from the province on the ability to run summer day camp we will be in touch with those that have already registered for camp.
Update: March 30, 2020 – Spring session postponed
Notice to all our riders, families, caregivers & volunteers –
For everyone’s continued safety and health we are postponing the start of the spring session and new volunteer training until further notice.
We are optimistic that we will be able to get back in the saddle for as many weeks as possible later this spring and will be in touch with a start date as soon as we can.
We continue to follow the lead of our local health units and government and remain hopeful that we will see you all again soon. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support.
Update: March 23, 2020 – Volunteer training, Camp Pride & spring riding session
- Volunteer training set for April 1 has been cancelled.
- At this time we have not made any changes to Camp Pride 2020. Registration for camp is still open and proceeding as normal.
- We have not made further changes to the spring riding season other than the delay of start noted below (March 16 update).
We will re-assess as needed, post changes on our website, and contact affected parties directly if we make additional changes that are recommended by our health units/government.
Thank you for your patience in this complex time.
Update: March 16, 2020 – Notice for riders, families and volunteers
Pride Stables is monitoring the constantly evolving circumstances we find ourselves in related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are taking steps and making decisions about our programs based on the direction and recommendations of our public health units and governments.
At this time, we are delaying the start of our spring session 2020 from the weeks of March 23 & 30 to the beginning of April.
- Saturday classes will begin Saturday April 4
- All weekday daytime and evening classes will begin the week of Monday April 6 with the exception of Fridays
- Friday classes will begin on April 17 as April 10 is the Good Friday holiday
Class lengths/times/session lengths will remain the same which means spring session will conclude in early June. We are in the process of contacting all affected riders and volunteers directly to communicate this change.
We will re-assess as needed and be in touch if further changes are appropriate or recommended.
Thank you for your understanding.
We do hope a return to “business as usual” will be possible for all of us in the near future and we wish you and yours good health.